Our eating disorder site will help you find online information on eating disorders, anorexia, bulimia, compulsive eating, binge eating and eating disorder treatments.
Eating disorders are scary, especially for those who have to live with them. But in learning as much as you can about eating disorders, you can begin the road to recovery, a road that is already paved before you – and waiting for you to take that first step.
Do You Have an Eating Disorder?
If you’re concerned you or someone you love might have an eating disorder, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you become upset or fearful of food?
- Do you restrict your eating?
- Do you binge and/or purge?
- Do you eat large quantities of food regularly?
- Do you exercise compulsively?
- Do you feel your relationship with food has gotten out of control?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you’re on the right ED website.
Types of Eating Disorders
There are many types of eating disorders, but here are the basic categories.
Eating Disorder Diseases
- Anorexia- extreme dieting, starvation, and deprivation of calories leading to extreme weight loss.
- Bulimia- dieting in which the suffered binges on food, then purges, and/or uses excessive laxatives and/or exercises compulsively to ‘make up’ for the eating.
- Binge eating- Also known as compulsive eating, is when a person eats large quantities of food at a time, leading to weight gain.
Eating Disorder Information
- Dangerous ED tactics
- Eating disorder dangers
- Pica eating disorder
- Eating disorder & pregnancy
- Eating disorder & men
- Eating disorder & mothers
- Eating disorder & parents
Eating Disorder Symptoms
- Eating disorders & dehydration
- Eating disorders & depression
- Eating disorders & panic
- Low self esteem
- ED & self injury
Eating Disorder Treatments – Some people use medicat treament, while others use self treatment. We discuss many of the following ED treatments throughout the site: laxatives, profressional medical treatment, recovery, relapse, what ED symptoms to look for, and how to pay for medical treatment costs.
Eating Disorder Resources
- Eating disorder books
- Eating disorder links
- Eating disorder organizations
- Eating disorder support groups
- Society & Culture
- Teen eating disorders
- Eating disorder site map
This is a site where you can feel safe, secure and able to help yourself or someone else. Welcome.